Rain Barrel Program
The Town of Chelmsford is offering a Rain Barrel Program to help residents conserve water and save money.
Rain barrels collect and store rain water for outdoor water use, allowing homeowners to save on their water bill. In New England, rain barrels can help save as much as 1700 gallons of water during the extended summer months. They also reduce pollutants from entering into the water supplies by reducing runoff – this helps towns manage the water supplies and keep costs down. Rain barrel are low cost and easy to install.
The FreeGarden RAIN collection system is designed specifically with you the home owner in mind. Its sleek never aging look fits naturally into any location around the home. The flat back and square design allows it to fit flush to wall or corner installation. Injection molded and made from high density polyethylene makes it easy to keep clean and looking brand new year after year. It comes complete with a powder coated steel screen, all brass standard size spigot, extension hose and child lock screws. The spigot is located to allow for easy access with any watering can eliminating any need for a base. The two sided overflow allows for multiple connecting containers from either side. Your garden and lawn will love your preserved precious warm natural rain water.
- Large 55 Gal. capacity
- No cheap imitation that looks worn out after one season
- Sleek flat back square design fits naturally in any location around the home
- High quality injection molded easy to keep clean and look new year after year
- Comes complete with all brass standard size spigot, extension hose, powder coated steel screen and child locking screws, no base required
- Modern sleek flat back design
- Mosquito proof stainless steel mesh screen
- Overflow hose and hose clamp
- No base required
- All you need for years of use
Chelmsford is offering the FreeGarden Rain Barrel at the NEW LOW PRICE OF $60 versus the retail price of $120. To take advantage of this community program discount please go to: www.enviroworld.us/chelmsford.
Barrels will be available for pick up: Saturday, April 25, 2020 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
Main Entrance at Chelmsford DPW, located at 9 Alpha Road, Chelmsford MA 01824
Deadline for purchase: Orders must be received by April 19, 2020 midnight.
|For more information contact:
Melissa Joyce, Sustainability Manager: 978.250.5203 or visit: www.enviroworld.us/chelmsford