Pursuant to the Baker-Polito Administration’s May 7, 2020 update to its COVID-19 essential services web page, municipal golf courses, including the Chelmsford Country Club, are permitted to open; however, all courses are subject to the following strict set of restrictions:
All staff and golfers must take the following precautions to keep those on the course safe from the spread of COVID-19
- Online tee times are now available beginning on May 9, 2020. Reservations and payment must be made online at ChelmsfordCountryClub.com Call the Country Club at (978) 256-1818 regarding tee time availability for May 8, 2020.
- In-person reservations or payments will not be permitted.
- Face coverings are required.
- Always maintain proper social distancing of at least six feet away from others.
- No golf carts will be allowed at this time.
- Push carts may be used. Players must carry their own bag.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs. No sharing of golf clubs.
- No more than four players at one time.
- Tee times will be 15 minutes between groups.
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play.
- Flagsticks must remain in the hole and do not touch.
- Practice putting green, driving range, chipping areas remain closed.
- Course facilities, clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, bar will remain closed.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily accessible.
While the golf courses will be open, there will continue to be additional restrictions in place to keep staff and golfers healthy and safe.