Business Certificates

  1. Early Voting for the November 8th State Election

  2. Do you live in Precinct 7?

    Get Involved in Your Local Government and Fill One of the Three Open Town Meeting Rep Seats in Precinct 7. Here's How... Read on...
View All

Doing Business As

Chelmsford 6.jpg
Any person conducting business under any title (business name) other than the real name of person conducting the business is required by law to file a Doing Business As (DBA) certificate with the Office of the Town Clerk.

The owner listed must have his or her signature notarized before filing the certificate. This is a two-sided form which must then be approved by the building inspector before it can be filed with the town clerk.

Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 110, section 5